
I have often wondered if my hopes and dreams are just too big, especially when I can see no answer to my prayers in the near future or even on the horizon. I am weak and small, but I know that the Lord is not, He is able. I have been so encouraged by this piece of scripture from 2 Kings, chapter 3. It is the story of how the Lord provided and made a way for three kings and their armies, how He worked through their faith and obedience and in the end, showed forth His might and glory. I find it interesting that these men went on a roundabout route for seven days through the Wilderness of Edom. 2 Kings 3:8-9 Just the mention of the word 'roundabout' makes me think that this was not the path well worn. This route was not well known to them and to make matters worse, it was a wilderness. At the end of verse 9, we see that there is no water for man nor animal, and in verse 10, the king of Israel has begun to fear. Elisha is brought on the scene and he inquires of the Lord for these kings, and what the Lord speaks to him concerning their trouble is what has encouraged me in my time of uncertainty.
And he said, "Thus says the Lord: 'Make this valley full of ditches.' "For thus says the Lord: 'You shall not see wind, nor shall you see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, so that you, your cattle, and your animals may drink.' "And this is a simple matter in the sight of the Lord; He will also deliver the Moabites into your hand." verses: 15b-18
Now it happened in the morning, when the grain offering was offered, that suddenly water came by way of Edom (the wilderness), and the land was filled with water. verse:20
I can trust in the Lord, and I will. I will prepare my heart and body, my time and resources; I will be ready, no matter how bleak it may seem. I will trust in Him even if I can't see 'wind' nor 'rain', because, this is a simple matter in the sight of the Lord.





2 comments:
This is beautiful, Joanna. I cannot tell you just how much it encouraged my heart! Thank you SO much for sharing. :)
Thank you Sarah for your encouragement! I am blessed in your blessing!
Post a Comment