Wednesday, May 12, 2010


With Love

It was supposed to be a sunny day,
warm and smelling of spring;
but instead it was a chilly day,
cold, rainy and dim.

So instead of the favorite picnic table
underneath the pines, with little yellow
lanterns hanging from the bows,
we had this...

... and lanterns instead, all in a row

... and mismatched china plates

... and roses so sweet, you could have cried

... and vintage vases, whispering the colors of the sea
and of warmer days ahead.
Photo credit: Bethany

Yes, this day was special...
it was Mother's Day.

We love you, Momma-Lou!

7 comments:

Katie said...

How beautiful! I'm sure your momma felt very much loved!!!

Author said...

What beautiful photos! Wow. Keep shooting!

--Tim
www.timothydeanmills.com

Joanna Kristina said...

Lady Kate, yes.. I think she did!! And thank you! We had fun decorating : )

Tim, Thank you! I love photography as does my sister, so we have fun together! : )

Joanna Kristina said...

Lady Kate, yes.. I think she did!! And thank you! We had fun decorating : )

Tim, Thank you! I love photography as does my sister, so we have fun together! : )

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanna,

I loved the pictures with the Mother's Day table you set for your mother! It was just gorgeous. The pale pink roses are lovely, and I especially like the candle holders. Pray tell, where did you get them from?
Looking forward to hear from you!
Becky

Joanna Kristina said...

Hello Becky! Thank you for your sweet comments! I actually found the little lanterns at a grocery store here in NY, Wegmans... they were on sale and I just couldn't pass them up! : )

~Joanna

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reply! I envy you on that :)
But I'm thinking I could try making my own with Ball jars and some nice wire from Michaels Crafts store.
We'll see...
Nice photography, and I also liked the lilac- something I don't see in my state, but miss from my mission time spent in Europe with my family.