Friday, September 30, 2011

When He opens His hands

Oftentimes...
I lift my hands up,

to be filled,

or to give.

I know this now,
or at least I should have learned this by now...
and so I do it,

maybe after a great struggle,

or a "sometimes it's just easy to bend" struggle of the wills,

either way...



I want to do this...
I want to be open to His will,

but sometimes,

sometimes,

what He brings, or what He shows,
or what He gives,

it overwhelms.

My hands lay at my sides,
because that is all that I can do.


How can this be,

when He opens His hands.


I deserve nothing,
but He gives from the depths of His riches,
His goodness,
His mercy
and love...

How He acts on our behalf,

I am in awe,
my heart can only beat it's thanks sometimes,
because words do, so often, fail.

Sometimes,

sometimes,

I...


but


always,

always,

He...


These all look to You,
to give them their food in due season.
When You give it to them, they gather it up;
when You open your hand, they are filled with good things.
Psalm 104:27-28

1 comment:

wHIMsy said...

What an encouragement! Thank you for posting!!!