It's never really ours...
even when/if we receive what we ask for.
It's never just for "me".
I found myself,
whispering in the stillness of my own heart,
that if/when I get what I have asked for, pleaded for,
then...
then
will I be so very grateful.
Why can I not be truly grateful now,
for what He has given...
to me?
It is still a gift,
it is still a piece of life.

The gift...
the many gifts that we receive,
from Him, the giver of all
good things,
they are never meant just for us.
It's a harder lesson for me to grasp,
because, that's just what I want to do...
to grasp,
to hold,
to keep.
Why does He give then?
Why doesn't He give?
I wonder,
always.
In the ache of not knowing, I see glimpses.
Of why He gives...
Hannah was given a most precious gift,
one that she had cried out for in anguish...
but she knew,
Oh, how Hannah knew!
It was not just for her...
no
it was for Him.
It is all...
for Him.





No comments:
Post a Comment