Thursday, August 18, 2011

Small Towns, Big Memories


Pultneyville, NY

There is just something about small towns that draw me in.
Maybe it's their simplicity, or maybe it's just because
what you see, is what you get.
Whatever it is,
I have always loved them.
I'm a small town girl.
This town, on the edge of Lake Ontario, is just that.
Farm land is on every side of this quaint little town
that curves along the edge of the shore.
The Americana colors are everywhere,
along with the smell of the water and the warm breeze that
is always present in the summer.
It owns some of the most beautiful sunsets as well...
colors so sweet and smooth, rich and changing.

I have always loved to look out across a Great Lake or ocean
and just look and look,
as far as I can.
It makes me realize how small I am, and how big
He is.
How vast His creation is, what an artist He is,
how beautiful...
He is.
I want to see the Lord's beauty and goodness in
everything.
The "small"...
towns,
people,
days,
lives,
jobs,
chores,
dreams,
hopes,
sorrows,
joys,
pains...
and the "big".
His care is evident. His wisdom is written across the sky.
Press on...
to know
Him.
"So let us know,
let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
And He will come to us like the rain..."
Hosea 6:3

No comments: