Friday, March 26, 2010

American Honey



She grew up on a side of the road
Where the church bells ring and strong love grows
She grew up good
She grew up slow
Like American honey

Steady as a preacher
Free as a weed
Couldn't wait to get goin'
But wasn't quite ready to leave
So innocent, pure and sweet
American honey


5 comments:

Tammy@Fear Not said...

I love those words!

Joanna Kristina said...

I love the song too... so sweet!

Joanna Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauren said...

hi, joanna :)

i read your post on ylcf's website and was very encouraged...so i clicked on your blogger profile. it was so cool to see some of the music on your profile...the little women soundtrack, selah, jj heller and easton corbin! :) some of my very favorite music! and i see that you're into photography-i am too! anyway, just wanted to let you know that i was encouraged by your post.

lauren

Joanna Kristina said...

Hi Lauren! I'm so glad you were encouraged... actually, I'm encouraged that you were encouraged! : ) I visited your blogs and really enjoyed them as well... you are a very talented photographer! I liked the ones you took of your sister : ) Yes, I LOVE beautiful music... and I just found out about Easton, but so far what I've heard I really like! Thanks again!

~Joanna