
Waiting...
it seems a dreary word,
and speaks of longs days.
When I was younger
and in my school years,
waiting seemed a terrible word.
I had dreams, and well laid
plans, I knew exactly what I wanted...
and thus, hopes long dreamed, would
dutifully follow.
Days turned into months, and months
into years...
friends came and went,
lives once so similar,
now seem ages apart.
In the waiting,
He has brought me many
joys,
new adventures, new possibilities,
and endless learning.
I know that everyone waits for
something...
has heart's yearnings,
dreams dreams,
and has hopes more numerous than
the sands of the sea...
But waiting often seems so unproductive,
and when you're there, everyone else
seems to be elsewhere.
Moving by...
passing you...
leaving you.
I've found that in my time of waiting,
Jesus was there, is here.
He waits for me to give Him my dreams,
my hopes and desires.
He waits for me to trust Him fully,
and He waits with me.
He has taught me so many things whilst here...
He wants me to know Him,
to love Him more than anything.
More than my dreams,
more than my dearest hopes.
In the waiting...
He has shown me so many of His attributes!
How good He is, how beautiful He is...
His wonders, His unending grace and justice.
His blessings that I never dreamt of having,
but He has chosen to give.
How can I explain Him fully?
I could never!
Words cannot describe His greatness,
nor tell all that He has done.
I have learned, and am learning to trust in Him.
To truly trust...
To honestly realize, that all that I have held dear to my heart..
must be placed in His hands.
And that... it really will be alright.
He knows.
I know He does,
but for now...
He says, wait.
Waiting doesn't sound so terrible to me anymore,
it almost sounds like a dear friend who's been
there all along, silent yet faithful...
because, now I see it travels...
with HOPE.
{Romans 5:3-5}
~~~
Therefore the LORD will wait,
that He may be gracious to
you;
And therefore He will be
exalted, that He may have
mercy on you.
For the LORD is a God of justice;
Blessed are all those who
wait for Him.
Is. 30:18





1 comment:
This is beautiful...and so true.
Post a Comment