Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thankfulness


If I never get to see the sun set upon a golden hill,
or across a sparkling lake,
if never I see the colors of a rainbow,
or the tender brush strokes on each flower petal,
if I never see a smile on a face,
the crinkle of laughter around eyes,
the way the wind bends the grasses,
or whispers through the leaves,
if I never see the hands that grasp my own,
or the blessings that I hold....

if I never see a single thing...

I will be thankful for the warmth of the sun as it sets across the way,
the awe in other's voices as they watch the grand display,
I will breathe deeply the sweet smell of the rose,
and feel it's tender grace,
I will listen to the laughter of those around me,
and remember the joy,
I will stand and let the wind blow about me,
breathe it in,
smell it,
and listen to its song,
I will hold tightly to the hands that hold to me,
but ready to release,
I will cherish the warmth and love felt there...

I will be thankful...

for what He has chosen to give,
for it is good.

2 comments:

Tammy@Fear Not said...

This is beautiful!

Mrs. E said...

Glorious... indeed!!! :)