Wednesday, January 27, 2010


Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits:
Psalm 103:2


The Lord's benefits are endless. If I could
remember every single one, I would not have
enough paper to write upon, or ink for pen.
I try to remember them all, and say that
I am, but really,
is that true?

God's word tells us to remember His
benefits.
Not just know about them, and
acknowledge that they exist,
but to really remember them.

This is a good exercise to partake in.
It shows us that He really is good,
that EVERYTHING that is good
in our lives is from Him.
Even if I am still waiting for
things, I am not
lacking in anything.
If I wasn't graced
with His benefits, then
I would surely
be in need.

Just being called His child,
is a benefit...
having His Word...
knowing His peace...
feeling His love...
receiving His grace...
waking in the morning to a new day...
being able to dance...
singing His praises...
holding a baby...
smelling a flower...
loving someone...
swimming in the ocean...
laughing with a friend...
picnics in a meadow...
watching a sunset...
calling Him Father...
knowing that He's making a place for me...
and learning from His gentle lessons.

These are just a few...

I will remember...

2 comments:

G. said...

beautiful, Joanna. Your heart for the Lord is encouraging...and inspiring. :)

Joanna Kristina said...

Thank you Gina! : )